London, United Kingdom
This blog has been set up to serve as my application to the HarperCollins Graduate scheme. Feel free to make comments on some of the questions I've been asked to answer and I can kick myself that I didn't think of that before the deadline closed.

What I want from a career and where I expect to find it

After A levels earning some money and having fun was more important to me than having a career. To be honest at the age of nineteen career was a word without meaning.

After working in manual employment for two years I learnt there were two things - a job or a career. I soon realised that if I wanted to have a career I needed to continue my education. I had a passion for reading and knowledge and I thought about studying English, but decided that Sociology with Development Studies would satisfy my need to understand different societies and cultures and my interest in business.

After leaving University I worked at the Council for the Registration of Forensic Practitioners for eighteen months. I decided to broaden my experiences whilst I was still young and single by going travelling. One constant during this time was the written word. I knew that when I returned I wanted two things (a) a career and (b) to work in publishing. My work experience at HarperCollins has reinforced this. I am twenty seven and now ready to embark on a career and work hard. I want to develop and grow with an organisation and be part of the organisation’s success and its future.


No comments:

The future of HC