London, United Kingdom
This blog has been set up to serve as my application to the HarperCollins Graduate scheme. Feel free to make comments on some of the questions I've been asked to answer and I can kick myself that I didn't think of that before the deadline closed.

My personal hero?

This was an enlightening exercise. I originally had a shortlist of surfers, punks, a philosopher and Nelson Mandela but didn’t really feel like they were personal heroes (and they are shorter in real life when you meet them). However they did represent admirable qualities and had inspirational achievements. The problem was this lack of personal connection whereby, for example, I could call them up and get their venerable opinion. I had trouble elucidating why they were heroes beyond the standard answers and wouldn’t be able to say so with conviction.

As such I had inadvertently made this question harder until my girlfriend asked (without a hint of irony) why she wasn’t my personal hero. And in truth she is. She is very supportive and understanding of what I am trying to do. And that is all I need.


I Wipe My Ass With Showbiz



..

No comments:

The future of HC